• OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is currently seeking an additional board eligible or board certified pediatrician to join an existing Pediatric Hospitalist service with 13 providers.
• This is an academic position with a faculty appointment with the University of Illinois College of Medicine. The candidate will be actively involved in training medical students and residents.
• Clinical time includes the inpatient teaching services, and/or newborn and sedation services. Nonclinical time allotted for scholarly activity and academic growth. Weekend call is shared approximately 1:4, with weekday night call covered by the night shift hospitalist. Night shifts shared among group and are approximately 25% of clinical service weeks.
• Current State Licensure in the state of Illinois required.
• As the flagship medical center for one of the largest Catholic healthcare systems in the United States, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center. It is home to the Children’s Hospital of Illinois, and University of Illinois College of Medicine residency and fellowship training programs.
• We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus incentives. Comprehensive benefit package includes paid malpractice, CME, association dues and membership, holidays, four weeks vacation, health, life, and dental insurance, matching 401K retirement plan and other options, relocation assistance and signing bonus.
• Greater Peoria, Illinois, metro area population of over 350,000, offers a remarkably low cost of living with the big city comforts and attractions. Peoria is a thriving city with caring Midwest values. Professional hockey, baseball, and indoor football sporting events are part of Peoria. Vibrant downtown with beautiful skyline, river front, cultural events and entertainment offers the energy of a metropolis, without the congestion.
• Check out our video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JyBa7tW5FM
• EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
Please contact or send CV to: Stacey Morin, OSF HealthCare Physician Recruitment Ph: 309-683-8354 or 800-232-3129 press 8 Fax: 309-683-8353 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: www.osfhealthcare.org
About OSF Saint Francis Medical Center/ University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
OSF HealthCare, an integrated health system owned and operated by The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, Peoria, Illinois, includes OSF Healthcare System consisting of nine acute care facilities and two colleges of nursing. OSF also has a physician organization, employing about 640 physicians in various specialties and more than 317 advanced practitioners, who are part of the OSF Medical G...roup.
OSF HealthCare owns an extensive network of home health services known as OSF Home Care Services and also owns OSF Saint Francis, Inc., composed of health care related businesses, and the OSF Healthcare Foundation, the philanthropic arm of OSF Healthcare System and OSF Home Care.
The nine health care facilities operated by OSF HealthCare have a total of 1,314 licensed acute care beds. The largest hospital, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois, is a 609-licensed bed tertiary care teaching center providing numerous specialty services and extensive residency programs for physicians.
The array of health services provided by OSF HealthCare and its affiliates also includes approximately 42 hospital-based outpatient facilities, approximately 108 physician office practices in 79 separate locations, six home health agencies and five hospice programs. The Ministry Services office in Peoria, Illinois, provides corporate management services as well as direction, consultation and assistance to the administration of the health care facilities