In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Participates in bedside shift report/handoff.
Performs hourly rounding.
Obtains required patient assessments and reassessments per nursing policy.
Develops a plan of care and teaching plan based on assessed needs of patient and family. Revises as needed per hospital policy.
Coordinates timely, adequate teaching to patient/family/significant other in preparation for discharge and documents appropriately.
Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
Consistently documents assessments, interventions and outcomes in Meditech within required timeframe.
Participates in interdisciplinary rounding and collaborates with team members to identify patient needs.
Recognizes changes in patient conditions and communicates with physician using SBAR.
Effectively manages patient care and delegates appropriately according to the needs of the patient and the skill of the caregiver.
Utilizes appropriate interpersonal communication which facilitates productive relationships with other team members.
Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient, family and self, based on empathy and trust.
Promotes a positive patient experience.
Seeks help from appropriate resources as needed.
Maintains current knowledge of and practices within the scope of hospital policies.
Clarifies any unclear communication between members of the healthcare team.
Uses proper channels of authority in communicating information.
Maintains compliance in RQI.
Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse required
BLS required upon hire
ACLS within 1 year of employment required (unless specified below).
Women’s & Newborn Unit Additional Requirements (3 West): Neonatal Resuscitation and BLS during orientation. Electronic Fetal Monitoring certification within one year of hire.
Pain Clinic Additional Requirements: ACLS required upon hire.
Belpre Surgery Additional Requirements: ACLS required upon hire.
SGH Surgery Additional Requirements: PALS within 1 year of employment required.
Cardiac Rehab Additional Requirements: ACLS required upon hire.
4 West (ICU) Additional Requirements: ASLS within 2 years of employment required.
Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity, proper lifting techniques and body mechanics
Additional Salary Information: Memorial Health System provides experiential rates for nurses with previous work experience.
Internal Number: 10000
About Memorial Health System
Memorial Health System is an independent not-for-profit health system that takes pride in its efforts to provide outstanding care close to home as well as our efforts to offer employment and educational opportunities. Memorial Health System offers a learning environment that allows students, new graduates and staff to expand on their knowledge. With over 3,000 dedicated staff members, we work to provide compassionate, patient-centered care with some of the most advanced technology and treatment options available in healthcare today.
Memorial Health System is comprised of a network of two hospitals with a freestanding emergency department, four surgery centers, two cancer centers, and primary care and specialty clinics throughout the region. With our mission to bring a full continuum of health services, provided with excellence, to the communities within the region, we strive to reach our vision to be an unparalleled service leader and the region’s preferred provider of health services.
· Marietta Memorial Hospital is a 199-bed trauma level 3 hospital with an emergency department, two surgery centers, physician offices, and Strecker Cancer Center located in Marietta, Oh...io.
· Selby General Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital with an emergency department and a focus on providing orthopedic care to patients with a surgery center and inpatient rehabilitation services.
· Belpre Medical Campus comprised of a freestanding emergency department and a variety of outpatient services such as pain management, oncology, endoscopy, IV therapy, and physical therapy, just to name a few.
· Wayne Street Medical Campus is a physician office complex that provides ease and convenience to patients to obtain services from primary care to specialties such as audiology, ENT, pediatrics, OB/GYN and allergy and immunology.
As our services continue to grow, so does our need for experienced staff that exude our Standards of Excellence by:
· Seek to understand needs and strive to exceed expectations
· Keep the patient at the center of everything we do
· Treat all people with courtesy and respect
· Show care and compassion in everything we do and say
· Connect with every person to build a trusting relationship
We offer our staff competitive wages and excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance with vacation and sick time as well as tuition reimbursement. We also offer short and long term disability at no cost to the employee.