Seeking BC-BE Pediatrician to Join Department within one of the Largest Physician-Owned and Governed Multi-Specialty Clinics in the Midwest!
Why Choose the Pediatrics Department at The Iowa Clinic, P.C.?
• Among Wellmark’s 13 Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), we lead the state in terms of Wellmark’s Value Index Score (VIS), a measure of quality and outcomes
• Provider Engagement in 96th percentile per The Advisory Board Company’s 2017 Engagement Survey
• Join a growing department of 6 Pediatricians
• Four locations in the Des Moines Metro area
• Outpatient only
• Inpatient newborn nursery rounds
• No NICU
• Night and weekend nurse triage service as first point of contact for physician on call
• Excellent payor mix
• Family friendly collegial atmosphere
• Large referral base within clinic of over 250 multi-specialty physicians and providers
• External referral base that includes 1.3 million
Why Choose Des Moines, Iowa?
As a state, Iowa has been recognized as #1 Best State to Practice Medicine (WalletHub, 2017 & MDLinx, 2018), #1 Physicians’ Top Places to Live and Work (Physicians Thrive, 2017), and #1 Best State to Live in America (U.S. News & World Report, 2018).
Des Moines is Iowa's capital and hub for business and cultural activity with a metro population of over 645,000. Set on the Des Moines River and amongst rolling hills, Des Moines is a picturesque city with something for everyone to enjoy. Boasting short commute times, low cost of living, excellent schools, and a family-friendly environment, Des Moines offers an idyllic work-life balance. Des Moines has been named #1 Best Places to Live in the Midwest (U.S. News & World Report, 2018), #1 Best City for Young Professionals (Forbes, 2014), and #1 Best Affordable Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2017).
Additional Salary Information:
• Competitive two-year salary guarantee and shareholder track
• Generous signing bonus
• Excellent benefits include: 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan, four weeks paid vacation, optional health, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care and term life insurance, and flexible spending accounts
Internal Number: 1
About The Iowa Clinic
The Iowa Clinic was established in 1994 by 72 physicians who joined forces to increase the quality of patient care in Central Iowa as well as to respond to changes occurring in the local and national healthcare climate. The organization’s goal, through its physicians and staff, is to continually raise the bar in the care it provides to the 1.3 million patient referral base it serves. With over 250 physicians and providers practicing in 40+ specialties and averaging 450,000 patient-visits annually, The Iowa Clinic partners with local medical centers and hospitals to provide leading-edge healthcare for the patients of central Iowa.