Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) Health Alliance is growing our team and hiring for two newly created physician leader roles: Medical Director, Utilization Management and Medical Director, Quality & Case Management. Both roles report to the Senior Medical Director, CHOC Health Alliance. These roles will be instrumental in advancing CHOC’s mission to nurture, advance, and protect the health and well-being of children. CHOC is transforming its care delivery model through provider integration and patient/family engagement throughout Southern California. As CHOC emerges as the region’s healthcare innovator through the application of population health technologies, these physician leaders will be key members of the team ensuring accountability for quality and safety throughout the enterprise.
• The Medical Director, Utilization Management (UM) will provide primary medical administrative leadership to the CHOC inpatient and CHOC Health Alliance ambulatory UM teams (approximately 25 FTEs) and will ensure the provision of quality patient care and resource management.
• The Medical Director, Quality & Case Management will provide primary medical administrative leadership to the CHOC Health Alliance Quality & Case Management Team (approximately 20 FTEs) and will ensure quality of patient care and resource management.
Essential to success in both roles will be an exceedingly engaged physician comfortable working in a highly matrix model.
• Five or more years of clinical practice in general pediatrics or pediatric hospitalist medicine
• Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree
• Successful completion of Pediatric Residency in an accredited ACGME program
• Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics
• Ability to obtain a California Medical License
• One of more years of clinical administrative experience.
• MMM, MBA or competition of ACPE, AAPL or other physician leadership training.
The positions will offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
CHOC Children’s is a regional pediatric healthcare network, including a 334-bed hospital in the city of Orange and a hospital in Mission Viejo.
Internal Number: 803156
About Summit Talent Group
Summit Talent Group is a boutique executive search and interim placement firm with a national practice in healthcare.