Pediatric Hospitalist Positions in New York and Vermont
The Department of Pediatrics at The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont is seeking a pediatric hospitalist to join the Pediatric Hospitalist Division at the Robert Larner, MD, College of Medicine at the University of Vermont and the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital.
We are seeking a pediatrician who is Board Certified or Board Eligible in general pediatrics. This position will be primarily based at the Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital, a member of the University of Vermont Health Network, in Plattsburgh, New York (75%) with the remaining 25% at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital in Burlington, Vermont. Clinical and academic responsibilities include providing comprehensive pediatric care, delivery room coverage, emergency room consultation, on-call coverage, teaching residents and medical students, quality improvement and community outreach education, with opportunities for research and educational scholarship. The position is for the Assistant or Associate Professor level on the non-tenure clinical scholar pathway.
We encourage rapid reply to this announcement from interested applicants. We aim to fill this positions as soon as possible. If you are interested in this position, please apply at www.uvmjobs.com.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching and/or service. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal. The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veterans status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution.
Plattsburgh, New York is a picturesque community of 38,000 located on Lake Champlain, at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. It is one of the prime gateways between the US and Canada. This small city is very family oriented, and offers water, mountains, parks and beaches for the outdoor enthusiast. Site Selection Magazine has chosen Plattsburgh as a top city in the nation for business development for the past eight years. It is an extremely friendly community where everyone is warmly welcomed and celebrated. You will often hear residents boast about living where others vacation!
Located in Burlington, Vermont, the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont and the University of Vermont Medical Center serve as Vermont’s only academic medical center, and provides tertiary care to patients from Vermont and northern NY. Burlington is also a vibrant community located on the shores of Lake Champlain, between the Adirondack and Green Mountains. With year-round recreational opportunities, safe communities and excellent schools, this progressive community has been frequently cited as one of the most livable cities in the U.S. Additional information about the University of Vermont Medical Center and the Department of Pediatrics can be obtained at: https://www.uvmhealth.org/medcenter/Documents/Careers/Physician_Career_guide.pdf and https://www.uvm.edu/medicine/pediatrics/documents/VCHAR13_FINAL.pdf.
Internal Number: F1258PO
About University of Vermont Department of Pediatrics
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Vermont (UVM) College of Medicine, in conjunction with The University of Vermont Children's Hospital, strives to provide the highest quality pediatric care possible while maximizing our educational and research efforts in ways that will make a difference for the children and families we serve. We do this by forming unique and effective partnerships and programs with individuals and communities throughout Vermont, upstate New York, as well as in other parts of our country and the world - all focused on improving outcomes in child health.