A well-established team of pediatric subspecialists in Asheville, NC is currently recruiting an experienced Pediatric Gastroenterologist at Mission Children’s Hospital, western North Carolina’s only children’s hospital.
- Strong support within a comprehensive pediatric subspecialist team, including pediatric hospitalists
- Support services including GI pathology, pediatric radiology, and pediatric anesthesiology
- 130 dedicated pediatric beds
- Part of a Thompson Reuter Top 15 Health System serving 18 counties
BC/BE by the American Board of Pediatrics with specialty certification in pediatric gastroenterology
Licensed or eligible for medical licensure in North Carolina
Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance Competitive compensation Comprehensive benefits package Malpractice insurance and paid CME
For Consideration, please contact Elizabeth Allen, Physician Recruiter with Mission Health: Elizabeth.Allen5@HCAhealthcare.com
Internal Number: 2
About Mission Health
Mission Children's is the only Children's Hospital in Western North Carolina. We have over 60 pediatric subspecialists in 23 different disciplines providing expert care in the childhood diseases, disorders and conditions they treat. Our providers form a very special team committed to providing not only clinically excellent care, but also personalized, family-centered care for our patients and the families who love them.
Mission Children's Hospital has an average of 3,000 patient admissions to our pediatric inpatient units, including an 8-bed PICU, 4,500 pediatric surgeries, and 14,000 pediatric visits to our Emergency Department. Each year approximately 700 ill and premature newborns receive life-saving care in our level III 51-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Mission is a level II trauma center serving the 18 counties of western NC.
At Mission Children's Hospital, we know that children have unique needs. We also believe that families belong together, especially during times of illness and hospitalization. This sensitivity allows us to create an atmosphere where parents and children feel comfortable and understood. Mission Hospitals have been caring for and treating children... in this area for over 120 years. As our facilities, staff and medical technologies have grown, so has our commitment to providing children with compassionate medical care. Today, Mission Children’s Hospital provides the most comprehensive, specialized pediatric care in the region and beyond, treating patients with complex illnesses such as cancer and cystic fibrosis. We are...
- The region’s first and only pediatric intensive care unit
- The region’s only state-designated neonatal intensive care unit
- Providers of pediatric subspecialty care with 60 pediatric subspecialists in 22 different specialties
- Home to the Olson Huff Center for Child Development, providing ongoing therapy and medical services for children with developmental delays.
- A member of the Children’s Oncology Group, providing the national standard for pediatric cancer care.