We are seeking a board certified/board eligible Pediatrician/Pediatric Hospitalist to join our program in Lynchburg, VA. We provide 24/7, family centered-care to children ages newborn to 18 years of age.
• Diverse mix of cases
• Access to local subspecialists
• Ground and air transport to tertiary care centers to provide full pediatric specialty support
• Dedicated pediatric pod in the Emergency Room
• Flexible scheduling model
Clinical duties include:
• Management of pediatric admissions
• Newborn care (but no delivery coverage)
• Provide pediatric consultations to the Emergency Room, to Child & Adolescent Psychiatric services, and to other specialties and community providers
• Education of FM residents, Medical students, PA students, and Allied Health professionals
• Participate in strategic quality and growth initiatives for service line
Physician benefits include:
• Commencement bonus
• Relocation assistance
• Educational loan repayment program
• Full health, dental, and vision benefits • CME reimbursement
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible
CENTRA is a not-for-profit community healthcare system based in Lynchburg, VA. Some of our many awards and accolades include:
• Magnet 2nd redesignation for excellence in nursing
• A 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital in America six times
• Top 100 Most Wired and Top 25 Wireless hospitals in the country
• The Joint Commission’s national Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers
• Centra Lynchburg General Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center
• Baby Friendly designation for Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
Lynchburg is located just east of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Here you will find a lively downtown area, an excellent selection of restaurants, an abundance of outdoor activities, and rich history. Lynchburg offers an affordable cost of living and a variety of public and private school options.
In central Virginia you will also find easy access to major metropolitan areas such as Washington, DC (3 hours), Richmond, VA (2 hours), Raleigh-Durham, NC (2.5 hours) and Virginia beaches (3.5 hours).
Among the many accolades the Lynchburg region has earned:
• Best Places for Business and Careers – Forbes
• Top Places to Live – CNN Money
• Top Places to Retire – Forbes
• Top Adventure Towns – National Geographic
• America’s Best High Schools –Newsweek
• Top Best-Value Cities – Kiplinger.com
Looking for a peaceful, stress-reduced environment? Then, search no further than Lynchburg—a place to live, a way to live.
Please send your CV with your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Number: 1
About Centra Health
Deciding on your medical career was an important choice. Deciding where to practice is just as
important. When you go to work for Centra, you’ll be backed up by truly substantial resources.
Centra is an award-winning, non-profit, regional healthcare system based in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Our system is anchored by four hospitals and multiple regional medical centers, for a total service
area that covers 9,000 square miles.
Centra Medical Group, the provider and clinic arm of Centra Health, maintains more than 60
primary care and specialty practices throughout Central Virginia, employing more than 450
providers. In all, you’ll have more than 8,000 employees on your team.
Add those facts to our lineup of nationally recognized treatment facilities—plus a fully implemented
central EMR system—and you’re looking at an easy decision for your next career move.