* AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
* A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
* Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
* Full Time 7A-7P
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Assesses, interprets, and reports diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
* Serves in a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating patient care activities among the interdisciplinary patient care team. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care. Supervises other health care team members in the clinical setting.
* Acts as a liaison between physicians, sales consultants, internal customers and management team with pertinent and ongoing communication.
* Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Utilizes literature, research and evidence based practice to improve patient care and nursing practice. Is knowledgeable of unit results and action plans and shares unit PI data with staff.
* Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. As applicable, ensures supplies and equipment are available as needed for patient care.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduate of a school of nursing
Unit related experience is required for unit placement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
Bachelor's degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements- see attached life support requirements per unit
The RN Coordinator in addition to the responsibilities of a staff nurse is responsible for providing continuity of nursing care to surgical/procedural patients of all groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Assesses plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care. Functions in the role of team facilitator/specialty coordinator. Supervises other health care team members in the unit environment. Assists with orientation, training, and education of new personnel. Responsible for documentation of care and maintaining accurate records. Assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients. Responsible for cost containment. Assists with Performance Improvement. Adheres and assures that staff adhere to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.