Bassett Healthcare Network, a progressive health care system in Central New York and major teaching affiliate of Columbia University, seeks a pediatrician to join our Department of Pediatrics in Cooperstown, NY.
* Primary outpatient clinic responsibility is at the Pediatric Clinic in Cooperstown, NY
* Pediatric Inpatient Service and Birthing Center at Bassett Medical Center (BMC) are primarily staffed by in-house advanced practice clinicians, and supported by on call pediatricians 24/7/365
* Pediatrician after hours on call at BMC is 1:5, structured as contiguous weeks of on call in rotation (every fifth week of nights and weekend); weekday pediatrician coverage is shared by pediatricians working at Pediatric Clinic in Cooperstown
* Academic appointment as clinical faculty at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
* Opportunity to participate in our award-winning School-based Health Program
* Integrated EPIC Electronic Medical Record
* Group employed model with competitive salary and incentive program
* Comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, CME, transition stipend and paid malpractice insurance
* Opportunity to pursue research interests with support from the Bassett Research Institute
* Forbes’ 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
Bassett Healthcare Network is an integrated health care system that provides care and services to people living in an eight county region covering 5,600 square miles in Central New York. The organization includes six corporately affiliated hospitals, as well as skilled nursing facilities, community and school-based health centers, and health partners in related fields.
With its abundance of recreational and cultural pleasures, central New York provides a great place to live for both individuals and families. There is a strong feeling of community within this region, which attracts people from all over the country. The surrounding areas have an abundance of lakes, streams and mountains that form the Catskill Mountain Range and the Adirondack State Park.
For confidential consideration, please contact: Debra Ferrari, Medical Staff Recruitment phone: 607-547-6982; email: email@example.com or visit our web-site at www.experiencebassett.org
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive
Internal Number: 2019 - 11
About Bassett Healthcare Network
In the Bassett Healthcare Network, we are committed to helping the population we serve and our communities achieve optimum health and enjoy the best quality of life possible. We accomplish this through an innovative and unique health care system that connects comprehensive care and services to people living throughout central New York.
The hub of our network is Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, which, in addition to traditional hospital-based care such as a birthing center and inpatient medical and surgical care, also offers sophisticated outpatient diagnostic and treatment capabilities.
Bassett Medical Center is where people in the region come for advanced care, such as: open-heart surgery, daVinci robot-assisted surgery, specialized cancer treatment, advanced vascular care, trauma care, neurosurgery, and advanced orthopedic and spine care. This nationally recognized tertiary care hospital houses the Bassett Heart Care Institute and the Bassett Cancer Institute.
The Bassett Medical Group is comprised of a full-time, salaried staff numbering more than 400 physicians and other advanced practice clinicians who provide primary and specialty care at the Bassett Clin...ic and staff Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown. In the region, the Bassett Medical Group also staffs over two dozen community-based primary care centers throughout eight counties. Bassett’s 20 school-based health centers across four counties provide medical, mental health and preventive dental care to children who might otherwise never have the chance to receive this care