The Division of General Pediatrics at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital (DCH) seeks a full-time faculty member at the associate professor or professor level with research expertise to lead the Section of Newborn Medicine at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). DCH is a 151-bed modern, state-of-the art facility on the OHSU campus and serves as the tertiary and quaternary referral center for all of Oregon and SW Washington, with ~2,500 annual births. The Section of Newborn Medicine cares for newborns primarily on the 26-bed Mother Baby Unit. OHSU partners include OHSU Hillsboro and Adventist Health, both with delivery services, providing exciting opportunities for growth. Currently, the Division of General Pediatrics has 29 full-time and part-time faculty and provides care to over 10,000 children annually, including large proportions of publicly-insured and/or medically-complex children. This position will work closely with the DCH Improvement Program, an interdisciplinary team of nurses, physicians, and data experts striving for excellence in quality and safety for every child in the OHSU system.
Oregon Health & Science University is located in the midst of thriving downtown Portland, Oregon. Portland is an easily navigable city in picturesque surroundings, ranking as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
Function/Duties of Position
This individual will work collaboratively with the Mother Baby Unit Medical Director, lead collaborative research within the division, and seek independent funding.
Primary responsibilities include:
(1) Recruiting, retaining, and mentoring newborn medicine faculty.
(2) Directing section-level goals and responsibilities, including research activities, scheduling and finances.
(3) Integration of clinical expansion and quality improvement efforts with organization-wide initiatives.
(4) Clinical teaching and supervision of pediatric residents and medical students.
(5) Direct clinical care for infants, children, and adolescents in the newborn and ambulatory setting.
•MD or DO, eligible for Oregon medical licensure; board-certified in pediatrics. •Research, administrative and quality improvement expertise in the area of newborn medicine.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Number: Requisition ID 2020-6720
About Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital (DCH) is a 151-bed modern state-of-the art facility on the Oregon Health & Science University campus and serves as the tertiary and quaternary referral center for all of Oregon and SW Washington.
• OHSU is a world-class health research center for basic, clinical and translational research
• For the sixth consecutive year, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital ranks among the best children’s hospitals in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2015-16 Best Children’s Hospitals
• OHSU was listed first and Doernbecher second in the Portland Business Journal’s 2015 rankings of health care companies