Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Preoperatively conducts a physical and psychosocial assessment on each patient.
2. Documents the assessment according to established guidelines and protocols.
3. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition and communicates to appropriate individuals (i.e., charge nurse, physician, etc.).
4. Evaluates, revises and updates patient care during the perioperative phase based on changing patient needs.
5. Identifies areas of own strengths and weaknesses and seeks assistance from appropriate individuals as needed.
6. Utilizes the surgical schedule for planning for each procedure.
7. Coordinates patient care needs with team members and other appropriate departments.
8. Readies all equipment and supplies in a timely manner so as to cause no delay in the surgical start time.
9. Maintains a patient care environment that is clean, orderly, and supports safe patient care.
10. Utilizes the operative record to document and communicate patient information in a concise and orderly manner.
11. Adheres to strict aseptic technique for operative procedures.
12.Performs routine skills safely according to protocol (including administration of medications, proper positioning, sponge, needle and instrument counts, and local monitoring).
13. Is able to perform the role of scrub and circulator independently on a majority of surgical procedures.
14. Uses supplies judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
15. Operates mechanical, electrical, and air-powered equipment according to manufacturer's instructions.
16. Provides support to the anesthesiologist in the care of the patient.
17. Provides the PACU nurse with a complete intra-operative nursing report upon arrival in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
18. Participates in department Quality Assurance program.
19. Evaluates the use and interpretation of surgeons' preference cards to accommodate the needs of each patient.
20. Participates in department product evaluation.
21. Performs and documents a post-operative assessment.
22. Based upon assessment of current/past methods, makes suggestions for improving patient care.
23. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of peri-operative nursing.
24. Sets goals with target dates; takes measures to achieve goals.
25. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current CA RN license. Current American Heart Association BLS
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
B. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care OR experience preferred.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Surgical Services
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005033446
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.