Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Location: 1101 N Wilmot Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Banner's Occupational Health Clinics are designed to help identify health risks, link patients to appropriate resources, make positive lifestyle choices, and establish baselines for regular health monitoring. Our clinics specialize in worker's compensation injury care, drug testing, alcohol testing, physical examinations, Department of Transportation (DOT) exams by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)-mandated exams. As a Medical Assistant on this team, you will work with a team of healthcare professionals that are passionate about providing the excellent patient experience. This is position is full-time; 40hrs wk.; Monday - Friday; 7:30am-4pm.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. We offer a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family, providing health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Occupational Health Clinics are medical clinics specializing in worker's compensation injury care, drug testing, alcohol testing, physical examinations, Department of Transportation exams and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandated exams. Employers and employees alike benefit from reduced absenteeism and turnover, increased productivity, morale and job satisfaction and are less likely to become sick or injured.
This position performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
1. Prepares patients for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
2. Performs the setup, acquisition and processing of prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Educates patients/families regarding the procedure and/or treatment to be performed.
3. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients' blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG's. Acts as chaperone as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
4. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
6. Maintains a clean, functional environment, including exam rooms and storage areas. Cleans and disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions, following sterilization procedures, and following manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs. Evaluates equipment quality control measurements in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Trouble-shoots equipment problems and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance.
7. Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication/injectables and immunizations (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls). This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
8. Ensures the efficient operation and workflow of the department by coordinating patient workflow throughout the day. Ensures exam rooms are stocked, performing room set-up, establishing patient transport, and schedule coordination with multi-disciplinary team members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited school of Radiology program. Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required. Requires successful completion of the Banner Health MA competency assessment. All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year.
Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software
Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14745
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.